WHY IS PLAGIARISM CHEATING?
_______ and ______ _______ will _______ ….
37. Children do not always ______________ that the teacher is interested in seeing what the students themselves _____________ ______________, rather than just _____________ ____________
38. Children sometimes put off writing a report and think no one will catch them turning in a page from an ____________ if they change a ___________ ___________.
39. For some children, the problem is simply that they do not ___________ _____________ to put information into their ____________ ___________
40. What did Chris do wrong?
41. What are three other examples of plagiarism?
42. Where does the work plagiarism come from?
43. List the five rules of the Anti Plagiarism Checklist
44. List three reasons why plagiarism in lazy according to the article?
45. It is important for kids to ______________ a subject and then come up with _______________ _______________ to say. This is a skill that will be used in middle school, _______________, _________________, and _____________ .
46. What does expelled mean?
47. What are the ramifications of expulsion when you try to get in another college?
48. What is a bibliography?
49. Who is your most important source in learning about plagiarism?
50. ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER: Type at least 10 sentences on YOUR THOUGHTS about cheating. Some topics could include:
· Your thoughts on cheating
· Your thoughts on others who cheat
· Why do people cheat
· What are the pros and cons of cheating
· Should we report cheaters
· Should we ignore cheaters
· Other than plagiarism, is cheating fair?
· What about if you are a victim of cheating and someone steals your work, or you money via the internet?