- A soccer ball takes 20 s to roll 10 m. What is the average speed of the soccer ball?
- When an object is at rest, what is its speed?
- Which describes how velocity changes with time?
- A person in a head-on car collision who is not wearing a seat belt continues to move forward at the original speed of the car because of ____.
- If you want to calculate the acceleration of a car, you should ____ the change in speed of the car by the time interval.
- What is the term for speed at any instant in time?
- Newton’s first law of motion states that an object stays at rest unless a(n) ____ acts on it.
- Which one of the following objects has the greatest inertia?
ping pong ball
- A force is which one of these?
a push or pull
neither of these
- Force is measured in which units?
- A force is exerted on a box and an equal and opposite force is exerted by the box. What explains this?
Newton’s third law of motion
Newton’s first law of motion
Newton’s second law of motion
conservation of energy